This module aims to provide learners with more in-depth knowledge of the concept of sustainable communities. It will define and go over different methods, integrated into our society, which allow us to lead a more environmentally friendly lifestyle. By observing concepts, such as water and waste management, ecological innovations and more, the module aims to inspire learners to take a more eco-conscious approach in the decision-making process of their everyday lives.
Topics: You will be able to find in this document the following topics:
- Eco-innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Urban Development
- Alternative Transportation (emissions-free/electric vehicles and public transportation, alternative ways of transportation)
- Waste Management and the 5R’s
- Water Managemen, Quality & Access
- Examples of good practices
- Introduce the learners to the environment benefits of sustainable products
- Learning what some of the largest businesses are doing to reduce the footprint
- The purpose of the lesson is to Inspire learners toward improving their energy efficiency.
- To define the term “Sustainable Urban Development” and encourage learners to brainstorm of new practices, which can help their cities reach a higher level of sustainable urban development
- To specify why sustainable transportation should be chosen rather than using a car.
- To encourage the active use of alternative transportation.